tsk tsk 😐

NewsFeed

The father of a hospitalized 24-year-old woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria after a zip line accident described the ordeal as “the most horrific situation that a parent can possibly imagine.”

On May 1, according to the AtlantaJournal Constitution, University of West Georgia student Aimee Copeland suffered a leg laceration when the homemade zip line that she and her friends were using along the Little Tallapoosa River broke. She was hospitalized and then released.

(PHOTOS:Virus Hunter: The Scientist Preventing the Next Pandemic)

From then on–as documented by updates on a Facebook page that appears to be maintained by her family as well as a University of West Georgia student website monitoring her progress–Copeland’s health worsened considerably. In a post on Facebook, her father, Andy Copeland, explained that for days Aimee continued to experience pain and was eventually readmitted to a medical facility:

Upon arrival, the ER physician diagnosed her with necrotizing…

View original post 203 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s